Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Weaning lambs

Today I had a helpful visitor- Corinne wanted to visit and learn about sheep farming.  So she came today and helped me trim the bucks hooves and worm them, then kick them out of their pen and clean out the pen.  Then we move the lambs in there and separated them from their mothers (ewes).  We rotated all the animals one field clockwise and then trimmed the hooves of the lambs, gave them their CDT shots and placed ear tags in.  The lambs aren't too happy with all of this, but I'm quite happy to have help with all of these chores.  We ate lunch, and then I showed off my fiber studio- all in all a good day.  Now I just need to get three lambs (and two yearling rams) ready for the Skagit Fair August 9th!

No comments:

Shaun the Sheep "Off the Baa"

Shaun the Sheep clip "Save the Tree"