Thursday, October 9, 2008

Raisins, Rug, & Fall Sheep Maintenance

The first batch of raisins are done and now I'm working on the second batch,
the Lincoln lock rug has been started,
and the Fall Sheep maintenance was completed today.
This involves penning the sheep in the barn, catching each sheep and trimming its hooves, clipping the wool around the butt (crutching), worming, and giving nasal vaccine.  The nasal vaccine is Nasalgen that I give to the animals to prevent pneumonia.   The remaining vaccine I gave to the cows and goats.  This is the first year I have had help with this task...much appreciated!
Since we have 37 sheep, 16 goats and 4 cows this is quite a task.  Now I am tired and am going to watch baseball!

No comments:

Shaun the Sheep "Off the Baa"

Shaun the Sheep clip "Save the Tree"